Know what to look for when buying a kids mattress
You’ll know when your child is ready to move to a bigger bed (typically between 18 months and 4 years of age) but do you know what to look for in a kids mattress?
At Chiropedic we’ve been making mattresses suitable for all ages, including several ranges designed especially for small sleepers. We back all our mattresses with a 7-day money-back guarantee, a 100-night comfort guarantee and up to 20-year warranties on our products.
What you should consider before buying a kid's mattress
Australian bed sizes start with the standard single mattress (92 cm x 188 cm), which provides ample sleeping space for one person, and is compact and well suited to smaller kids. Other sizes include:
- A king single mattress (15 cm longer): Can accommodate growing children and see them all the way through their teenage years.
- A double bed (46 cm wider): Ideal for older teens, uni students or young adults, as well as for kids who move around in their sleep and may roll off smaller beds.
HINT: Still not sure what size to choose? See our handy mattress size guide. When in doubt, always opt for the bigger bed. This will:
- Give your child room to grow
- Leave more space for cuddling at bedtime
- Come in handy if your child's room doubles as a guest room
Comfort and support
We all know how important a good night of sleep is as kids develop and grow. Depending on their age, they should be spending anywhere from 10 to 14 hours in bed each night, so their mattress should be comfortable while also providing firm support to the spine, back, and neck.
Inner spring mattresses provide the best skeletal support and conformance to body shapes during sleep – much more so than mattresses made with foam only.
Let's face it, kids will jump on their beds no matter how much we tell them not to. Durability is an important consideration with any bed, but especially for kids.
Mattresses with an inner spring system tend to last longer than foam mattresses, because they include coils that are made of steel.
Chiropedic's specialised mattresses for kids
At Chiropedic, we offer a wide range of kids' mattresses in single, king single, and double, starting with the Just 4 Kids Support single mattress – priced at an affordable $299.
All our kids' mattresses:
- Are made by us, in Australia, with top-quality Australian materials approved by the National Asthma Council of Australia and Good Environmental Choice Australia
- Include layers of Dunlop Ultrafresh foam, an antimicrobial feature which helps control dust mites and other household bugs that trigger allergies and asthma while keeping the mattress fresher for longer by reducing odours caused by bacterial growth
- Are based on our exclusive 3 zoned Chiro Flex ES heat-treated steel spring system with double edge side supports, which provides balanced support for kids of all sizes and weights, allowing their bodies to develop correctly and naturally.
- Come with a 10-year warranty to ensure your child is comfortable and supported for their entire childhood years.
One of the best children’s mattress in Australia
The Chiropedic Eco Kids mattress is one of the best children’s mattress in Australia. Available in single, king single and double, it is specifically designed to help kids grow by providing the best in support and comfort.
And because it is constructed from environmentally friendly natural materials, you can feel confident your child is getting the most healthy and restorative sleep possible.
The Eco Kids mattress comprises:
- A layer of natural bamboo fabric, which is naturally antimicrobial, breathable and soft to the touch but extremely durable.
- Below that is a layer of 100 per cent natural cotton fibre, which is anti-allergenic and a natural insulator providing maximum breathability.
- This is supported by layers of strong, super-resilient HygroFlex foam and HD Dunlop foam.
The support system of the Eco Kids mattress also has Maxi-Boost edge support, which adds 70 per cent more support.
If you’re furnishing your kid’s bedroom, then check out our range of trundle beds. Our range of single trundles are great space savers while our Pop Up Trundle is perfect for when you need extra bedding for sleepovers or when you have other family stay over. The space mattress stores neatly away, or can be lifted off the ground to become a standalone bed.
All our trundle beds come with:
- 100 night comfort guarantee
- Free express delivery
- Best price promise
- 5 year warranties
Leaks and spills are unavoidable where there are kids around. Protect your new mattress and pillows with machine-washable mattress protectors and pillow protectors, which provide a solid barrier to repel spills, stains, dust mites and allergens while remaining breathable and absorbent.
Call us on (03) 93181211 to find out about our delivery options, which includes a free express delivery service across the Metro Melbourne area. Or, visit us in-store and talk to one of our friendly customer service operators to find out more about the perfect bedding for you and your kids.